Shrimp Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3/4 pound penne rigate
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled
First of all in a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the olive oil and the lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
And then in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne rigate until almost done, about 12 minutes. Next is to add the shrimp and cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 1 minute longer. Drain. Toss with the tomato sauce.
* Penne with Mozzarella and Spicy Tomato Sauce
Use 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, in place of the shrimp. Toss the cheese in at the end.
* Penne with Sausage and Spicy Tomato Sauce
Use grilled sausage cut into bite-size pieces in place of the shrimp. Toss the sausage into the pasta with the tomato sauce.
* Penne with Grilled Vegetables and Spicy Tomato Sauce
In place of the shrimp, use grilled or sautéed vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, or green beans, cut into bite-size pieces. Toss the vegetables into the pasta with the sauce.